Complete Post-Migration Tasks
🕐 2 min read
After a successful run of the Migration SDK, there are additional tasks you must perform before you onboard your users. This topic lists these tasks.
- Recreate Extract Refresh Schedules
- Validate that all the content you want migrated has, in fact, migrated.
- Recreate all items that are not programmatically migrated to Tableau Cloud.
- Validate that your content is working properly.
: Tableau Cloud does not support automated validation testing. To confirm assets are working as intended, we recommend that you review a sample set of assets manually to ensure content has migrated as expected. Select Partners like Wiiisdom
have also developed solutions that assist in content validation. For a full list of experienced migration partners, see Experienced Tableau Cloud Migration Partners
- Onboard end users.
- If you choose to supply adjusted usernames to Tableau Cloud to avoid the site invite email notification, adjust usernames back to the correct email address at this point.
- Refer to the steps in the End-User Migration Checklist to help your users with your Tableau migrated content.