Licence the Data Management Add-on
The Data Management Add-on includes Tableau Catalogue and Tableau Prep Conductor. Contact your account manager (or go to the Tableau pricing(Link opens in a new window) page) to purchase the Data Management Add-on.
Tableau Prep Conductor
After you purchase and licence the Data Management Add-on, you must enable Prep Conductor on Tableau Online. For more information, see Enable Tableau Prep Conductor on Your Tableau Online Site(Link opens in a new window).
- At least one resource block is required to use Tableau Prep Conductor in Tableau Online. To learn more about resource blocks, see Resource Blocks.
- When the Data Management Add-on is active and enabled, you can schedule flows in Tableau Server or Tableau Online and monitor flows.
- When the Data Management Add-on is removed or deactivated, or if the Data Management Add-on expires, then the ability to schedule flows is disabled.
- If your Tableau Server or Tableau Online licence is still active and valid, you can download the flows using the Tableau Server REST API. For more information, see Flow Methods(Link opens in a new window).
After you purchase and licence the Data Management Add-on for Tableau Online, Catalogue is automatically enabled.
- When the Data Management Add-on is active and enabled, you can use Tableau Catalogue to discover data, curate data assets, perform impact analysis and trace the lineage of data used in Tableau content.
- When the Data Management Add-on is removed, deactivated, or expired, the information remains on the server. The Tableau Catalogue-specific information is then only accessible using the Tableau Metadata API; it no longer appears in the product. For more information, see the Metadata API(Link opens in a new window).
- When the Data Management Add-on is removed, deactivated or has expired, the write APIs for all new Tableau Catalogue information (for example, table descriptions, data quality warnings, column descriptions) are disabled. You can still read information using the Metadata API, however permissions on tables and databases can’t be explicitly managed in the product.