Troubleshoot Trusted Authentication
This section includes some common issues and errors you might encounter when you're configuring trusted authentication.
A common source for trusted authentication errors are misconfiguration with a proxy server or load balancer. If your Tableau Server operates behind a reverse proxy server or a load balancer, see Configure Tableau Server to work with a reverse proxy server and Add a Load Balancer.
information is written to
To increase the logging level from
debug, run the following commands:
tsm configuration set -k vizqlserver.trustedticket.log_level -v debug tsm pending-changes apply
To test your trusted authentication deployment, see Test Trusted Authentication.
For more troubleshooting information for specific errors, see the following topics accessible from the Other articles in this section below:
Request for ticket by web server
- Ticket Value of -1 Returned from Tableau Server
- HTTP 401 - Not Authorized
- HTTP 404 - File Not Found
- Invalid User (SharePoint or C#)
Viewer redeeming ticket
- Attempting to Redeem the Ticket from the Wrong IP Address
- Cookie Restriction Error
Navigating between several embedded views
- An error occurred communicating with the server (403)