Use Partner-Built Connector from the Tableau Exchange
Tableau Desktop has dozens of supported connectors you can choose from. You can also find more connectors built by partners in the Tableau Exchange.
Note: Connectors from the Tableau Exchange are not currently supported for use with Tableau Bridge.
For information about creating your own connector and submitting it to the Tableau Exchange, see Connectors Built with the Tableau Connector SDK(Link opens in a new window).
Choose and install a partner-built connection
Partner-built or other custom connectors are available from the Connect pane. These connectors are listed under Additional Connections and are also available from the Tableau Exchange connectors page.
- Click Connections in the left pane.
- From the Additional Connectors section in the Connect pane, click on the connector you want to use.
- Click Install and Restart Tableau.
After the connector is installed, it appears in the To a Server section of the Connect pane.
Note: If you receive a warning that the connectors can’t load, install the .taco file you need from the Tableau Exchange connectors page. If you are prompted to install the drivers, go to Tableau Exchange for driver download instructions and locations.
To connect to your data using the connector you installed from the Tableau Exchange, do the following:
Start Tableau and under Connect, select the name of the connector you installed. For a complete list of data connections, select More under To a Server.
Enter the information required to make the connection.
If table or schema names are not listed, click the search icon or enter the name in the text box and click the search icon, and then select the name.
Work with your data
When you connect to data with a partner-built connector, it offers the same features as Tableau-supported connectors. Once you are connected, you can:
- Define a data source(Link opens in a new window)
- Visualize your data(Link opens in a new window)
- Publish to a server(Link opens in a new window) (when the server has the connector installed)
Note: Publishing to Tableau Cloud is not currently supported with partner-built connectors.
- Set Up Data Sources – Add more data to this data source or prepare your data before you analyze it.
- Build Charts and Analyze Data – Begin your data analysis.
- Connectors Built with the Tableau Connector SDK(Link opens in a new window) - Create your own connector and submit it to the Tableau Exchange.