Use Partner-Built Connector from the Extension Gallery
Tableau Desktop has dozens of supported connectors you can choose from. You can also find more connectors built by partners in the Extension Gallery.
Note: Connectors from the Extension Gallery are not currently supported for use with Tableau Bridge.
For information about creating your own connector and submitting it to the Extension Gallery, see Connectors Built with the Tableau Connector SDK(Link opens in a new window).
Choose and install a partner-built connection
- Go to the Extension Gallery Connectors page at https://extensiongallery.tableau.com/connectors(Link opens in a new window).
- Click a tile for the connector you want to use.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the connector. (Note that each connector page also has a Support link in case you need help.)
- Restart Tableau Desktop.
Now the new connector will appear in the list of connectors in Tableau Desktop.
To connect to your data using the connector you installed from the Extension Gallery, do the following:
Start Tableau and under Connect, select the name of the connector you installed. For a complete list of data connections, select More under To a Server.
Enter the information required to make the connection.
If table or schema names are not listed, click the search icon or enter the name in the text box and click the search icon, and then select the name.
Work with your data
When you connect to data with a partner-built connector, it offers the same features as Tableau-supported connectors. Once you are connected, you can:
- Define a data source(Link opens in a new window)
- Visualise your data(Link opens in a new window)
- Publish to a server(Link opens in a new window) (when the server has the connector installed)
Note: Publishing to Tableau Online is not currently supported with partner-built connectors.
- Set Up Data Sources – Add more data to this data source or prepare your data before you analyse it.
- Build Charts and Analyse Data – Begin your data analysis.
- Connectors Built with the Tableau Connector SDK(Link opens in a new window) - Create your own connector and submit it to the Extension Gallery