License the Data Management Add-on
For information on how to purchase the Data Management Add-on, contact your account manager.
Tableau Prep Conductor
After you purchase and license the Data Management Add-on, you must enable Prep Conductor on Tableau Online. For more information, see Enable Tableau Prep Conductor on Your Tableau Online Site.
- At least one resource block is required to run Tableau Prep Conductor flows in Tableau Online. To learn more about resource blocks, see Resource Blocks.
- When the Data Management Add-on is active and enabled, you can publish flows to Tableau Server or Tableau Online, schedule or run flows, manage and monitor flows.
- When the Data Management Add-on is removed or deactivated, or if the Data Management Add-on expires, then the ability to publish, schedule, run flows, or receive flow alerts is disabled. You will not be able to see the flows, but the data will not be deleted.
- If your Tableau Server or Tableau Online license is still active and valid, you can download the flows using the Tableau Server REST API. For more information, see Flow Methods.
After you purchase and license the Data Management Add-on for Tableau Online, Catalog is automatically enabled.
- When the Data Management Add-on is active and enabled, you can use Tableau Catalog to discover data, curate data assets, perform impact analysis, and trace the lineage of data used in Tableau content.
- When the Data Management Add-on is removed, deactivated, or expired, the information remains on the server. The Tableau Catalog-specific information is then only accessible using the Tableau Metadata API; it no longer appears in the product. For more information, see the Metadata API.
- When the Data Management Add-on is removed, deactivated, or expired, the write APIs for all new Tableau Catalog information (for example, table descriptions, data quality warnings, column descriptions) are disabled. You can still read information using the Metadata API, however permissions on tables and databases can’t be explicitly managed in the product.