Tableau Mobile App Security Settings
Starting in , you can adjust Tableau Server security policies for the Tableau Mobile app. These policies help keep your data secure by checking to see if mobile devices are compromised, and by limiting certain interactions with the Tableau Mobile app.
The policies apply to only the standard version of Tableau Mobile, not the MAM versions of the app. If you have deployed an MAM app, use the specific to Tableau Mobile, in addition to your MAM system’s settings, to secure the app.
Configure security settings for Tableau Mobile either on the site settings page for
To access the site settings page:
- Sign into your Tableau Server site as administrator.
- From the navigation pane, select Settings.
- Select the Mobile tab.
These settings include detecting the following conditions:
This setting is enabled by default at the Critical level and detects whether the app is running on a device that has been jailbroken or rooted.
Malware Detection (Android devices only)
This setting is enabled by default at the Critical level and detects whether the device has malware on it.
Maximum Days Offline Without a Policy Refresh
This setting is enabled by default at the Critical level with a default maximum of 14 days. It determines if the app can be used on a device that has been offline (and thus without a policy refresh) longer than the configured maximum.
This setting is on by default and cannot be disabled. It detects whether the device has a debugger attached to it.
Screen Sharing and Screenshots (Android devices only)
This setting is enabled by default and determines whether a Tableau Mobile app user can share screenshots or use screen sharing with the app.
You can change the severity level for the Jailbreak Detection and Malware Detection settings:
- Warn: Enforce the policy and if it fails, show a dismissible blocking message.
- Error: Enforce the policy and if it fails, show a blocking message until the issue is resolved.
- Critical: Enforce the policy and if it fails, show a blocking message and the app decides how to handle the logout/clear session through the providers. This is the default.